Thursday, May 24, 2018

Memory Lane

Memory
 

Down the path into the past,
beyond the stream that’s rushing fast,
I smell the fragrant cedar bough.
Was it the same then as it is now?
 
I need no ticket in my hand
to travel to that byegone land.
There ferns and leaves and trilliums grow
in the woods of my long ago.  

I watch the water’s murky flow.
Is that where all my memories go?
Shadows and silence fill the air.
Old dreams and thoughts are everywhere.  

I hear an owl up in a tree;
I think he feels the same as me.
Coming back from his lonely flight
to find a home – a place to light.
 
But perhaps it isn’t really home,
only another place to roam.
An ancient place that I must find
Within the forest of my mind.
 
February 24, 1975
 
 
Nicholson Pink Rhodies
 
 
 1973
 1974



 1975
1970s
 
 2009
 
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment