Thursday, July 19, 2018

A July Wedding

On July 16, 1948 my parents were married.  We celebrated  their 25th (Silver) Anniversary with a small garden party at their home and for their 50th (Golden) Anniversary in 1998 we rented the ballroom at the historic Providence Academy in downtown Vancouver, WA.
 
Recently I was looking through some of the mementos I had saved from those events and decided to scan them and archive them here.
Fun memories for me and my siblings and a cool look into the past for history buffs.
 ENGAGED!



 
the receipt
the Ring
 
  
BRIDE'S BOOK
title page
 
The Shower
The Gifts
The Attendants

THE CEREMONY
 
Mrs. Edith Perry (sister of the bride), Susan Bayer, Stanley Spicer, Mr. Kenneth Mathys (best man)
 
 
THE HONEYMOON
 
 
Silver Wedding Anniversary
 
  GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Details of Wedding Gown
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. George Cox and Doris Wiley are my parents. They were married just a couple of weeks later on August 6, 1948. I love seeing these memories of people who were so dear to them.

    ReplyDelete